Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Grow My Whole Heart For You

The feelings scare me. Trusting my tiny little heart. It's getting bigger but yet remains tiny because I'm so afraid of letting it become enlarged. Enlarged hearts can be squished, deflated, crushed and pierced by folks who are untrustworthy, disrespectful, deceptive and cruel. Can I trust my heart to you? Do I need to fear your love for me? What if you get tired of my love? What if I become ugly to you? What if you find someone else that you love more or gives you the feelings you so desire? I can't control this. I can't control this. I can't control this.
We talk. We be real. We love real...now. We have respect. We admire...one another. You never said that to me...but I know you admire me as I do you. Your passion runs deep for me...I can tell. My heart is yours...well the part that's not too afraid. Daily I'm growing it to give more of it to you. I can see the pain you have experienced and feel it in your eyes. I have made it a purposeful move to protect your heart and not squish it, pierce it or crush it. I don't understand fully how to 'do' this thing, this thing that we do. But I do know that I'm not gonna walk a path of fear. I wanna grow my heart and give it all to you. Our talks. Our love. Our devotion, it's real. It's true. Where oh where did it come from? Where did you come from? How do you create statements that take direct paths to my heart? How do you do that? How do you know before I do, what's in my head? What I'm afraid of? How do you do that? How do you love me like that? I grow my whole heart for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment