Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scaredy Cat

I felt so inspired and 'ready' just last week to do this blog. But now I'm scared. What's up with that? I'm trying to figure out what the deal is.I think I'm just afraid to be perfectly frank. Just like everything else though in my life I probably need to just walk thru the fear.

At the present, I'm in the middle of a divorce and custody battle. The ex has primarily had the babes the last year as I secured a job and a crib. I told him that I wouldn't try to take his babes from him.

To backtrack a little, another reason I felt comfortable leaving my babes while going to Alaska for a month was/is because the ex's family is huge, loving and stable. His 2 sisters are stay-at-home homeschooling moms with 4 babes each of their own. Not that I was trying to leave my responsibility with them but I knew they would support and provide help where needed. His mother is a pastors wife and doesn't necessarily have a job but instead helps folks where needed. 

I knew my kids were in safe hands.

2 comments:

  1. My parents fought over me and my brothers for 3 years and it was awful. We were much older than your kids which probably made it harder on us (because our parents bad mouthed eachother in front of us and did a lot of "tell your mom___" or vice versa) but from experience, I know custody issues can get messy real quick. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to be afraid. I'm pretty darn sure this small group of women are here to support you. Hang in there, Beth! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete